Slip Days Policies
Each assignment has a due date, which will be posted on the course web page. Assignments are due at noon
on the specified date - this means that both your electronic submission and your hard copy submission must
be completed by that time.
We will use a system of "slip days" to give you some flexibility with the assignment deadlines. Each
student starts the term with six slip days, which can be used to push back assignment deadlines. Slip days
work as follows:
Assignments that are submitted late (with no slip days to cover them) will not be accepted and will
receive a mark of 0%.
- Pushing an assignment deadline back by one day (24 hours) costs each person in a group one of their slip days.
If one or more group members don't have enough slip days left, then the group can't slip.
- An assignment deadline can be pushed back at most 3 days.
- Partial slip days are not allowed, e.g., it is not possible to use part of a slip day to push a deadline back by 6 hours.
- Slip days are not transferable from one student to another.
- Slip days cannot be used to push an assignment past the last day of
lectures. This effectively means that you cannot
submit Assignment 3 any later than 11:59 p.m. on April 3.