Additional requirements for students taking CS644
Students enrolled in CS644 are required to carry out a literature survey related to any specific area of compiler construction.
A survey should include a minimum of 3 papers that the student has carefully read. The student should summarize and explain
the papers in a coherent and organized way. At least 1/3 of the survey should address the student's personal views on the topic
including, but not limited to, discussing the contributions and limitations of the literature surveyed.
Each student is required to meet the instructor at least once by February 6th, 2017
to discuss a topic of interest. A meeting can be scheduled
by emailing the instructor directly. It is recommended that the student
performs some preliminary search of a topic of interest before attending
By February 13th, 2017, email the instructor a 1-2 page survey topic proposal (in PDF format) addressing the following:
- Motivation (why is this interesting?)
- Areas of Related Work (give broad categories of related work, and delimit the scope of your survey)
By April 3rd, 2017, submit the completed survey (maximum 6 pages) through email to the instructor, as a PDF file formatted
using the ACM Proceedings format.
The 20% marks allotted to this literature survey will be awarded based on the
- Initial meeting with instructor (2% Deadline: 6th February 2017)
- Survey Topic Proposal (3% Deadline: 13th February 2017)
- Literature Survey (15% Deadline: 3rd April 2017)