CS 462 - How to Get Higher Marks on Your Assignments
- Prepare your assignments using document preparation system, such as
LaTeX. (Figures can be drawn by hand and scanned in.)
- Write your name and student number on the first sheet.
- Make your answers clear and concise, but don't omit crucial
details. Be sure your arguments will convince a skeptical (but
intelligent) TA. There's no need to prove extremely basic results
that are obviously true.
- If a final result is requested, show all your work
to get that solution, and put a box around the final answer.
- Don't try to fool the TA! The following phrases
- "Obviously ..."
- "It can be easily shown that ..."
- "It is clear that ..."
- When doing a proof by induction, state precisely
what your induction hypothesis is and what variable you are inducting