IntelliJ IDEA Setup
- Download and install the Community version of IntelliJ IDEA.
- When you launch Intellij IDEA, a window will prompt you for import settings. Select "Do not import settings" and click OK.
- You will be asked to accept the terms and conditions and configure the user interface settings in the Customize IntelliJ IDEA wizard, which
allows you to select a theme, keymap, and other settings.
At the end of that dialog, in the Featured plugins section, install the Scala language plugin.
When the plugin is installed, click on Start using IntelliJ IDEA.
- From the IntelliJ IDEA start screen, click on Import Project.
Select the cs241e directory where you unzipped the
assignment skeleton code and click Open.
- Select Import project from external model and select SBT.
- Next, under Project JDK, if no JDK is selected, click on New.... Then select JDK and choose where the JDK has been installed.
- If you are using your own computer, select the directory in which you installed the JDK.
- If you are using
linux.student.cs.uwaterloo.ca, select the directory
- To view the project structure, click on Project near the upper left corner of the window.
- To ensure that the set up is correct, go to the
test/src folder and right click on
You should see an option to run the test (if you just imported your project it may take a minute or two for IDEA
to download some required libraries before this option will appear).
It is normal for this test to fail with a
NotImplementedError until you complete part of Assignment 1.